Now Y2K capable!
Plot Plus is a general purpose scientific graphics package. Plot Plus will read most standard ASCII or binary
files and the netCDF file format. Plot Plus is an interactive, command driven, scientific graphics package. It
presently runs on most UNIX platforms and VAX/VMS systems.
Plot Plus is now being licensed at no cost. See Plot Plus Licensing Information.
A compressed tar file (gzipped) containing pplus version 1.3.2 and supporting libraries is available at ftp.halcyon.com/pub/users/dwd/pplus1_3_2.tar.gz.
The Plot Plus documentation in pdf format is also
available via ftp at ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/epic/manual-dir/pplus.pdf.
and the nccalc (netCDF calculator) documentation
is available at ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/epic/manual-dir/nccalc.pdf.
Plot Plus Features
- Multiple output devices supported:
- Powerful and flexible scripting language
- Multiple input formats supported
- Integrated with nccalc for netCDF reading, writing, and calculations
- MPEG animations generated using a modified version of the Berkeley MPEG-1 Software Encoder
- Data display options include:
- x-y line plot
- contour plot
- color area fill
- Map projections supported:
- Polar Stereographic
- Peters Projection
- Linear, Log, and Time axes
- Over 30 built in fonts
- Colored labels, plot lines, and contour lines
Links to Web sites that use Plot Plus
- NOAA/PMEL EPIC analysis programs:
- NOAA/PMEL TAO program
- Other Web Sites using EPIC/PPLUS
Plot Plus Graphics
c/o Donald W. Denbo
2138 N 186th St
Shoreline, Washington 98133, USA
e-mail: plot firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax and Voice: (206) 366-0624